Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting Fresh

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

The title is a bit misleading since I "started" weeks ago, but have been cautious about posting... which I know is completely ridiculous, but it must be the Vegas superstitious side of me I suppose... ooooh a Vegas trip would be fun right now... but i digress...  =)

I've been working with Dr. Shivani at SCI and things are going well, very well!

Here's a quick catch up on how things have gone so far:
mid October - four fresh embryos transferred
Early November - beta hCG - 308 whoa!
Week 5 - three gestational sacs triple WHOA!
Week 6 - two gestational sacs doing well, third is slow
Week 8 - slow gestational sac has a weak heartbeat, other two 152; 156Bpm
Week 10 - spontaneous reduction of slow gestational sac (although it's sad to think about, it's also a sigh of relief to avoid a selective reduction procedure for my wonderful surrogate).
Week 12 - everything on track so far!  the kids have big heads though (measuring a week ahead of schedule at 13 weeks...) nuchal translucency 1.0, so far so good!

I'm cautiously optimistic, but with 3 failed attempts, I know lots of things can happen.  I've been quietly following everyone's blogs and I want to send HUGE congrats to those expecting and also send out encouragement, love, and hugs to those on new attempts.  I know from experience it can be horribly frustrating, sad, and stressful... but it really can happen!

Wishing everyone a happy,  joyous, and prosperous 2012!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Sean is back!!! What a nice post to read on New Year's Day! Hoping and praying that things continue to go well. You've got two healthy babies growing in Delhi..that's just awesome! Happy New Year and thanks for sharing...Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good!, I think we are around a month behind you and also... very very very cautiously optimistic!.
    Look forward to more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC news! Can't wait for all the updates. We are 19 weeks with twins (and still proceeding cautiously). All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete